As always, we attach borders later. This border will be in the same print as the large floral.
I also took note of what to watch for when sewing my rows together. Harriet talks about making sure that you send the raw edge of a butted seam through first, when you can. Like this:
Lessons learned on this project:
- Read the entire lesson for the project before starting anything. I didn't realize until way late the key words, "if you decide to create the diagonal ends..." as if there was a choice!
- Mock-ups shall be done in real fabric from here on out.
- Pay attention to which way seams are running. I may want to sew from different ends, not simply in order top to bottom in same direction each time.
- Steam helps set the seams.
- Unpicking sewed seams takes time and is no fun.
I think that this particular project is a bit ambitious for Year 1! There is so much going on with different angles.
Update: See my post on trying to finish this thing! THIS IS WAY TOO HARD AS WRITTEN.