I've mentioned that I am working this in a traditional 1930's fabric, in 1/2" hexagons. However, I am not working the project in the traditional sense.
I have 1.5" squares cut, 6 of same fabric
I have 1/2" iron-on water soluble hexagon cut outs. This is so handy, so I dont have to remove the cardboard hexies.
I press them together
I cut the extra fabric off edges, which saves time from trying to cut out perfect hexagons to start.
I glue the edges over the stabilizer with my Sewline water soluble glue
Then sew together using Wonderfil 100 wt. thread, a polyester thread cotton coated.
I am happy with my flower garden. It grows by the day.
Soon I will have to pick out my white solid fabric and start the path between so that I can estimate how many it will really take to complete.
My quilting project for now is first project from Volume 2. Thankfully, I followed the directions, and basted the quilt when finished. We were told that quilts set on point have a tendency to get out of shape if left as quilt tops and not basted. It has been over a year since this was completed, so I'm happy I finished up with basting before the hiatus.