Saturday, February 17, 2018

V2 Four-Patch Lattice; Class 240 , Lesson 6, Project 2

New Project started: Four-Patch Lattice



Fabrics chosen. I decided to keep really close to the project colors.


The peach color was very off grain cut.  I made a cut 1/2 way through yardage and attempted best I could to align in 2 sections.  I still need the green fabric for the lattice, but since I could not find anything to fit the requirement, I thought I would get started with the beginnings.  I think the lattice is next to last anyway, last part being the triangle side settings.

Grandmother's Flower Garden:
Here is a Pintrest picture of the quilt I want to make. I don't have any calculator to determine how many actual flowers I will need.  I was told by someone who knows about these things, that this quilt picture is indeed 1/2" hexie flowers.  I intend to put the white path and green "leaves" in the same pattern as this one.  I estimate there will be 1000 flowers for a full size quilt if  I decide to make flowers edge to edge.  I was told that will be about 14000 hexies total! I am thinking I may just do the bed top rectangle with flowers, and make borders that drop over the sides of the bed.  This might cut off 1/3 of the flowers this way :) This is a long term project.  I will keep a tally on the side bar as to progress.  62 flowers now completed ! I'm working much faster than anticipated.  I purchased new Wonderfil thread.  It is much thinner so threads a needle better, and disappears better so my stitches don't show so much :)  And, they came in many light pastel colors which blend wonderfully.

Beadlust: Hexie Quilt Top Almost Finished!

Lastly, I have been working on basting my Log Cabin on Point quilt top.  I have finished that, and am in the process of deciding on a quilting pattern for quilting my first try on George.

That's it for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment