Monday, March 26, 2018

A Wedding and Four-Patch Lattice Project

My sister was married this weekend!  
We traveled back to California last week and was busy preparing for a backyard wedding.  The end result was a beautiful wedding between my sister and her wonderful man. 

Not much really accomplished last week in the sewing arena, but I have put together what I DID get done just before we left. 

My progress on the next project in this class:

I have cut my strips:

I sewed them together
I cut the strips to make 128 half four patches
I counted them.  I was ONE short. There was no left over space on the ends to sqeeze one more out, and I thought to myself.. Do I really have to make 2 more strips to make ONE 2 patch?
I decided I better recount.  WHEW, exactly 128!  Never been more grateful for miscounting! Usually, we have half strips left over. I just didn't even consider I would be THIS close.

Now, I sew the 2 halves together and I have instant Four Patches!


The other blocks are just squares! That is next on the task list.

I suppose the main lesson is reinforcing habit, and learning the sashing with corner stones.


No comments:

Post a Comment