Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Colors Catch up


I think the trees decided they better hurry up and color up or they would miss fall!

Just 2 days ago this big red tree was glowing red, the brightest red leaf I've ever seen. It is already fading, but still is glorious in color. Be sure to click on the pictures to get a full size look!



This is a Moses' Burning Bush. It really resembles something like it, if you take away the actual fire. These really stand out in the park and in neighbors yards. Dave thought we should get one, and then put 2 tablets of stone with the 10 commandments on it posted in front of the bush. Unfortunately, it would only be interesting for about a week of the year.



Well, I finally got a return email regarding the job interview. I'm 2 for 2, both negative. Remember he wanted a bookkeeper. 15 of us got interviews, and 2 of us were CPA's. The other CPA had "extensive" non-profit experience, so he says this morning. I figured I didnt get the job when I knew he was looking for someone to start tomorrow.

Since I'm still having hesitation on working year round, even if it is part time, I decided to call the school district and register for the real substitute work. A degree is required to sub as a teacher and the pay is much better. I inquired about getting a transcript sent, and asked if my certification of CPA would suffice since it implies that there is a "Degree" behind it. She decided it would work, so I'm set to go to the orientation at the end of the month. I'm not real excited about teaching in a large classroom, but the hours and the holidays/vacations are perfect for us at this time. I really want to be home when the boys are on holidays & vacations. Especially summer. Dave might be home most of Christmas vacation, but it would be nice to be able to go down south to spend time with the family!

And, I can't forget the best part... they NEED subs, and I've already passed the fingerprint & background search. It's just a matter of getting into the system. I am still on the injured list for the cafeteria, and would probably be well enough by the time I finally get through all the meetings for the new position, but I don't think I'll be going back.

Yesterday I got started on my scrapbooking catch-up project. I left off when Josh had his 8th birthday and zach's 7th. I'm a "few" years behind. We sold the home gym that was in the upstairs "guest" room last weekend. That was done for the money and the space. We went to Costco yesterday and got a nice hobby table that folds down for when we need the room for guests. It's already piled with scrapbooking pages. I had only 1 year's worth of actual photos developed that I hadn't put together yet. Then all the photos were taken digitally and never were printed, moved, tagged or hardly looked at. I scanned all those remaining pics plus all the yearly birthday photos and am ready to get scrapping.

I spent my birthday money on getting an easy digital scrapbooking program so that I can get this done before going back to work. Scrapbook Max! So, now you know what I did with the money! I decided to do something with it that was for me and for fun! Impressed? Surprised? I intend to use the same table for quilting, but don't have enough table space to do both projects at once, yet. As soon as I get everything on the computer, I won't need all the space and piles any more. Then, I can get out my mess of quilting and figure out where I left off, and still be able to scrapbook. Isn't the digital age neat! Now, if I could only quilt on the computer and print out the finished project too.

No comments:

Post a Comment