Thursday, January 10, 2008

888 Reading List

I have started my list. It is not finished at this point, so I will add to it as I get all my boxes unpacked (which may be a while). The "rules" state that we can have 8 overlapping books, but that still leaves 56 books for the year. I am going to be realistic and not commit to reading more than a book per week. I've got some other priorities :) I'm sure by the end of the year there will be 56 books read after we finish all our school reading. So, in Jan. you will not find 8 books listed in each category. Blue print is my list to read. Green colored are books in progress. My favorite color purple signifies that it has now been checked off as completed. Note that if you want to keep track of what I'm reading, how I'm progressing, or what I've added as the year progresses you can always get back to this post by clicking on the category '888' on the left side bar.

Children's Classics- These are the books the boys will read this year, so I'll read them too.




  • The Big Wave
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Stone Fox
  • Alice in Wonderland

Christian- for Spiritual Growth

  • Bible in a Year-front to back- currently in 1 Corinthians.
  • How Then Should We Live- Francis Shaffer
  • Mere Christianity- CS Lewis-I got part way through and changed my mind. I'm not finishing this one.

For Fun- Books on the shelf I've been wanting to read

  • Digital Scrapbooking with Photoshop Elements 3
  • America Alone - Mark Steyn- Mom's recommendation
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • 39 Steps- John Buchan
  • Greenmantle- John Buchan

Read a louds- Books I'm reading to the boys. This category will basically consist of historical literature of all kinds. I'll add to it as we find out what we're reading.

  • Lost Treasure of the Inca
  • Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates

Self Education- On being a better teacher, and just learning new info. for self development.

  • Anthony Robbins - Get the Edge series
  • Eat to Live - Dr. Furhman

Classics - Mostly books I've always thought I should read, but haven't. This list could be endless. I'm going to keep it simple.

  • A Christmas Carol- Dickens
  • The Hobbit- Tolkien

Parenting/Family

  • A Place of Grace- Susan Hunt
  • 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families - Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment