I have finally finished all 16 quilt samples! Plenty else going on in Life, so I haven't had alot of time dedicated to the sewing room.
First, I decided to deal with my sewing table. I got tired of always having to unplug my cords to lift the machine to access my bobbin case. I got my handy DH to get out his dremmel tool and here is my solution!
I finally got into a groove with my samples and they turned out fine after I figured out my plan to revert back to my QuilTak basting system.
After I quilted, I serged the edges and I was very surprised how long that took. I used a special foot I had never used before, and had to wind LOTS of bobbins to get through all of them.
I bought new quilt marking pencils. I decided the red dressmaker's triangle wasn't a good idea. And, it did not come out completely after washing. My LQS carries these Sewline pencils, and I like the idea of a thinner line, replaceable lead in different colors, and no sharpening. The lines are supposed to erase or come out in the wash. I drew on one of my samples to test in the wash. It came out just fine!